It took 23 long years to fight for the justice but nothing came out well at the end. ‘Sarbjit’- a movie that is based on the true events dealing with the journey of a sister whose brother was incarcerated in the Pakistani jail for unknowingly crossing the Indo-Pak border in a drunken state of mind. The story goes on dealing with the pain and suffer faced by both Dalbir Kaur and Sarbjit and their family to come out from that difficult situation.
The film is directed by Omung Kumar and it is for the second time that he thought of making a biopic again after Marycom. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan as Dalbir Kaur has poured all her feelings and emotions to make the character alive whereas Randeep Hooda with his intense character, looks more realistic. Apart from that, Richa Chadda as Sukhpreet (Sarbjit’s wife) blends well with the flow taking care of her two daughters. The most heart touching scene of the film is the meeting of Sarbjit with his family behind the bars. It took away all the emotions and also made people to cry. There is something more interesting about the film and it is about the Jacky Bhagnani who has come up as a producer for the very first time. The film carries beautiful set of songs as Salamat, Meherbaan, tung lak etc. best fitted to the situation.
Sarbjit movie has been filled with powerful dialogues that give more weightage to the film. Some of the most impactful dialogues are:
- Sarbjit ke liye apni awaz itni bulandi ke sath uthao ki har Pakistani ke dil tak hamari awaz pahunche.
- Kyun har Hindustani dusman hai aur har Pakistani Aatankwadi.
- Aapke lie to jang hai, hamare lie to bas Intezar.
- Desh jitni bari nahi hun, mere pas ek hi mudda hai, ek hi bhai hai mera
- Aap logon ko bas peeth pe war karna aata hai, par hum Hindusta iyon ne to peeth dikhana sikha hi nahi hai.