International Women’s Day is celebrated on March 8 every year in many countries around the world. It is a day when women are recognized for their achievements without regard to divisions, whether national, ethnic, linguistic, cultural, economic or political. International Women’s Day first emerged from the activities of labour movements at the turn of the twentieth century in North America and across Europe.
Since those early years, International Women’s Day has assumed a new global dimension for women in developed and developing countries alike. The growing international women’s movement, which has been strengthened by four global United Nations women’s conferences, has helped make the commemoration a rallying point to build support for women’s rights.
International Women’s Day 2018 theme is “Time is Now: Rural and urban activists transforming women’s lives”. The UN Women said, “Echoing the priority theme of the upcoming 62nd session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women, International Women’s Day will also draw attention to the rights and activism of rural women, who make up over a quarter of the world population, and are being left behind in every measure of development.”
Global gatherings, conferences, awards, exhibitions, festivals, fun runs, corporate events, concert performances, speaking events, online digital gatherings are observed globally to mark International Women’s Day.
GIFTS FOR INTERNATIONAL WOMEM’S DAY
The best way to make it special for the women in your life , be it a mother , sister , wife , daughter or a friend is to bequeath her with lots of love , respect , effection and lots of gifts .
Women Empowerment itself elaborates that Social Rights , Political Rights , Economic stability , judicial strength and all other rights should be also equal to women.There should be no discrimination between men and woman. Women should now there fundamental and social rights which they get once they born.
- There should be respect and dignity towards Women.
- Have total independences of their own life and lifestyle inside the home and also outside at their work.
- They should make their decision , by their own choice.
- They should have a high social respect in society.
- They have equal rights in society and other judicial works .
- They should not be discriminated while providing any type of education.
- They should select their own economic and financial choices by their own.
- There should not be any discrimination between woman and man while giving jobs and employment .
- They should have safe and secured Working location with proper privacy